3.22.2012

doodlebug + ella

Doodlebug Design and Ella Publshing have teamed up for a wondramous day of giving thanks and a smattering of inspiring card inspiration.


Thank you, Ella, for the beautiful book, 31 Thank You Cards.   The e-book is beautiful and, though only 31 cards, it is filled to the brim with inspiring ideas and techniques.  I flipped through the book page by page in awe of its beautiness.   Then, I drew a small pencilled sketch of each, making notes of colors or techniques or anything that stood out, to take with me to my craft desk.


Here is my take on the cards that inspired me.   The Ella card is on the left/first and my project follows.   I have another project that was inspired by this Ella book, but it desparately needs to be photographed in natural light rather than stinky craft light.  

Anyhow, here we go ...

CARD ONE | inspired by tall shape and cluster of hearts
 
Ella Publishing
 
Sherry Cartwright + Doodlebug Design
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

CARD TWO | inspired by sailboat, banners and tone-on-tone

Ella Publishing
 
Sherry Cartwright + Doodlebug Design

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


CARD THREE | inspired by square, off set base, layering of scallop circle and butterfly 

Ella Publishing


Sherry Cartwright + Doodlebug Design

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


CARD FOUR | inspired by this sweet bird and scallop border
 
Ella Publishing

 ... using the new Hello Spring collection.  LOVE all the beautiful colors and fairy dust [uhm, I mean, glitter!].  The card came together very, very quickly. 

Tip: I love using the Create-A-Card base, but did not want the white scallops around the die cut circle on the front of the card.  So, I simply turned it inside out.  Viola.    
Sherry Cartwright + Doodlebug Design


 The inside, with the bird that is peeking through the die cut circle:
Sherry Cartwright + Doodlebug Design

Have you made your way through all the designers' blogs to see their lovely cards?  Such awesome inspiration from Doodlebug and Ella. 

This wouldn't be nearly as much fun without a GIVEAWAY!    I'm sure you'd like to win yourself a copy of this fun e-book (trust me you do). We're going to giveaway 3 copies. You have until Friday at 2:00am MST to enter to win. We'll announce the winners on Friday morning.

How can you enter:
  1. Check out Ella Publishing's Thank You Thursday blog post and leave a comment. Come back and let us know you did.
  2. Check out the Doodlebug blog to visit one or ALL of our Design team blogs listed and come back and leave a comment here for each one you did visit (each one counts as an entry).

And, please let me know if you use the thank you cards from the e-book as inspiration to create a card or two or ten.  I'd love to see them.
 
Now, go create a beautiful, sweet, fun and charming card!  

6 comments:

Kerys said...

These cards are just GORGEOUS! The Doodlebug papers and elements just make them SO CUTE! I love how you used different elements of the Ella cards for your inspiration! Thank you so much for YOUR inspiration :-) x

Shannon Colon, TheIrishScrapper said...

Very cute cards you have! Thanks for sharing - I just love Doodlebug Designs. Shannon

glenda said...

Loved looking at doodlebug designs and ella cards! thanks for the inspiration!

Ruth G said...

Wow! Love them all! They all have that happy Doodlebug touch, which is important for thank you's, IMHO! TFS!

lynda said...

My favorite is the last one - with the chick peeking thru the circle cutout.

Melinda said...

I'm in awe, I just love your cards! Thanks for sharing!