2.25.2013

doodlebug design : i heart doodlebug

It probably goes without saying that I love lots of crazy color, but I documented my self-proclaimed love for Doodlebug in this layout.  


Did I mention CrAAAAAzY?! 

The rainbow of happy colors and the cute embellishments is what attracted me to Doodlebug many, many years ago. I still love the colors and don't mind them all in one layout either.  

Each time I get a sheet of cute cuts [die cuts, some printed on front and back], I tear out the tags and die cuts and store them in a bin together.  Their background sheet, the negative space of the product, was the perfect way to repurpose what would normally be discarded.   I layered several sheets in various directions for this crazy, colorful background. 

To help anchor and contain some of the busy-ness, I used bold beetle black.  I added a strip of patterned paper at the bottom and a fancy frills border sticker at the top.  The fancy frills is embellished with pearls, jewels and brads.  Then used a combination of alpha stickers for the title.  

One of my favorite product of Doodlebug yesteryear are the stitched rub-ons.  LOVE them.   It was easy to manuever the straight line of dots or dashes around the scrolled frame. 

This layout features several of my must-have products --- cute cuts, fancy frills, rub-ons, stamps and alphabet stickers.  

Do you have a favorite Doodlebug product?  

No comments: