2.19.2013

doodlebug design : without you



The hubs and I don't have a "special" song that reflects us or our love.  So, I asked him to pick a song that he thought reflects our love now and he picked this love song, Without You by Motley Crue.

I included this photo, however, as it is a special place for us.  Each time we have visited New Mexico, we have had our photo taken by this tree near the Rio Grande River Gorge bridge.  I look forward to the next time, too.

I was stumped at how I'd incorporate the lyrics into my layout.  After printing the lyrics numerous times, in different fonts and moving them around a layout, I finally settled on enlarging the words and using them as a subtle background. 
 
 I then added a line or two onto the photo. 

To add some texture and dimension, but without overpowering the words, I added some white elements over the grey text.

Do you have a special song with your significant other?   Have you documented it?  

[ This layout was featured on the Doodlebug blog. ]

No comments: