2.27.2013

doodlebug design : i love my kiddos

We all try to make the most of and get the most out of our scrapbooking products.   Here are a few simple ways to do that, all wrapped up in one layout.

  • Use stamps with versamark ink to add a bit of texture and subtle color to the background.
  • Don't waste the scrap paper around punched shapes. Trim the negative space and use in your project.
  • Make a paper clip embellishment. Add a strip of washi tape around the clip and ribbon cut the end. Add a banner alpha sticker and tie on some doodle twine. Cute, easy embellishment.
  • Use black ink and label stamp to make your own labels. Stamp on white cardstock and trim.
  • Handcut a trendy shape [or use a digital die cutter].
I love that Doodlebug products are so very easy to mix and match from different collections.    In this layout, I have used product form the following collections: feeling groovy, haunted manor, sweet cakes and lovebirds. 


I mixed trendy dot and chevron patterns with this cutesy little car to capture the photos my daughter took along our road trip.



A banner sticker was perfect to add onto the stickpin used as the antennae of the car.  Trailing along the back of the car is doodle twine and hearts. 

I also mixed alphabet stickers -- colors, sizes and styles.   

Try mixing some older products with the new -- create a new embellishment.   

[ layouts featured on Doodlebug Design blog ]

2 comments:

...a/k/a DJScrappiness... said...

Hi, Stephanie! I wasn't able to locate an email address for you but I did want to contact you.

My name is Doris Weeaks and I am a contributor for Craft Storage Ideas. Would you be interested in having us feature your studio on Craft Storage Ideas?

Ideally, we'd feature your entire room, with you as a guest contributor. We'd also like to throw in a few organization questions and answers. Obviously, anything we post will be linked to your personal blog.

If you are interested, let me know and we'll iron out the details. Thank you!

Doris Weeaks
djweeaks@att.net
www.craftstorageideas.com

...a/k/a DJScrappiness... said...

Sorry - my contacts are running together...Hi SHERRY!!!