4.04.2012

number one.



We are not what I'd call a sports-lovin' family. Sure, we toss around the baseball, throw the football and such with the kiddos, but we do not regularly partake in televised sports.

Of course, that will probably change with the son's recent liking of the NFL and all things football.

Regardless, we are sports fans.

The kiddos plant themselves in front of the computer next to me as we push the buttons to get to GameTracker to watch the cartoonish figures run around the baseball diamond. But, in our minds, we are watching my nephew/their cousin, Korey, play baseball. He wears a number one on his baseball uniform, plays centerfield / pitcher for Maryland Terrapins and is our number one sports player.
 
When he was just a young kid, my dad and his other grandfather would tote around after him, watching his every move on the baseball field.   I will never forget my dad driving his little Dodge truck into the front parking space of the field, barely enough strength to get out of his truck duirng his chemotherapy treatments, to watch Korey play ball.  He wanted to be there and was there for every game he could make. 

I wish my dad could see him playing ball now. TutuMan would be so very proud of the accomplishments, on and off the field, of his "bandaid." 

We may not all be in Maryland to watch each game, but we are cheering from the sidelines --- from far away in miles, but very close in heart.  

Way to go, Korey!  We are proud of and love you. 

---------
And, a happy scrappy sidenote: I loooooooove the Little Yellow Bicycle sport line.  It has so many cool textures, patterns and elements.   My fave paper in the line is this black starburst paper and the baseball banner.  

1 comment:

Brat said...

I could not have said that better! You are right...dad would have been soooooooooo proud of his "bandaid"! I love this layout sis!!!