There are some blogs I have read for a long, long time --- even before they were referred to as blogs, but were still known as online journals, webjournals and weblogs. Anyhow, one I have been reading for a very long time is written by a fellow central Texas girl, even though transplanted via her husband's military career, who happens to be an awesome momma, a witty gal, a well-loved scrapbooker and just an all-around lovely lady. I have not met her in person, only through her daily writing on just me, my soldier and our 4 little chicks. Stephanie Howell posted this morning about *love*ly things --- her favorite crafts, photos, people and, well, all things lovely.
Today's post was about love jars. Clever. And so simple.
So, I adapted her idea into my own project. While waiting in the doctor's office with a fiery sore throat and major aches, I jotted down things I love about my family.

I couldn't wait to get home, take my meds and create these lovely jars. There is a jar for the K-boy, the K-girl and my hubs. I filled each with 14 reasons I love them and they will open one slip of paper each day from today until Valentine's Day.
Messages were simple -- some funny, some serious. All completely random.
Thank you, Stephanie, for the inspiration for these cute jars and for jogging my noggin to be grateful for the little things that each member of my family means to me. Those little things are what make us a big thing ---- a family.
Love.

4 comments:
these came out BEAUTIFULLLLLLLY girl!! love love!
love.love.love.love.love.
you are *both* super inspiring women that i'm thankful to have crossed paths with.
Oh my...how sweet. I think I might just join in and do these for my kiddos and hubby also!
Love it. Just wondering what happened to my jar from you??? <3
Post a Comment