2.29.2012

hoppin' along


Hello and welcome to those coming from Ro's blog! 

We couldn’t resist having a little fun to celebrate today ---- Leap Day.   Afterall, we only get to hold special festivities once every four years.

Do you do anything fun to celebrate the extra day?  

Today, we are celebrating with our first official “Blog Hop” on “Leap Year Day.” We have a great group of designers helping us spread the word about Doodlebug and our products and we are hopping with enjoyment to work with them and share with you!

We'd like to invite you to join us as we have a hopping good time today!

Be sure to scroll to the bottom to find out how you can win a delightful little goodie from the folks at Doodlebug. 

I created four 3"x3" cards, each depicting some springtime goodness.   I chose yellow and green as my palette and dug through my stash of Doodlebug goodies to make these simple cards.   Simple = 10 minutes or less.  Seriously, it was that easy and that fun.

The first card was created using Ladybug Garden Doodle die cut cardstock paper.  I simply cut the flowers from the corner of the paper, trimming it three inches wide and six inches tall.  The flowers should be in the bottom half of that 3"x6" piece. Fold in half and add a few rhinestones.   Viola.  


 This card was made using a 3"x6" piece of Petite Prints daisy stripe.   A piece cut half-inch smaller was layered on top.  I added a doodle pop, some doodle twine and a sentiment.   To finish the card, I added rhinestones to the center of each flower -- color choices was that of my seven-year-old daughter.


Another card cut from the Ladybug Garden Doodle die cut cardstock.  I colored the white Simply Sweet alphabet stickers with marker.  I trimmed a cute cuts die cut to mimic a ribbon and added a honeybee boutique brad.  Tie it off with doodle twin tied with a flower from Paper Frills.


Hoppy Birthday uses Petite Prints as a base.  Add a "happy birthday" cardstock sticker without the A and add a frog Boutique Brad in its place. That simple.

And the last card to share for this hop:


This card looks like it might have taken some time to create.  In fact, it took less than 10 minutes to make.  Using the Welcome Home icon stickers made it easy to create this scene.   Place house sticker to front of card with foam dots, then add "smoke" with doodle twine.  Add heart and cloud and flowers to front.

You can see the lovely dimension of this card with that little window of the Create-A-Card base.  Have you ever used the Create-A-Card system?  Card base + doodle pop + sentiment sticker + embellishments = a cuuuuuuuuuute card.

And, the inside of the card ---- a tree sticker paired with some Fancy Frills adhesive borders.  And flowers and a bumblebee.

Are you in the mood to create some simple cards?

You could be creating them with the new Hello Spring collection. FIVE lucky winners will receive one of everything in this collection!  The paper is such a pretty pastel shade, but still in Doodlebug brightness and color palette.  The flower brads are too cute and the pennant alpha stickers are just fantastic. 




Here's what you have to do to win:
  • Start here, at the Doodlebug Blog and “hop” on over to every blog you are sent to (be sure to hop in order).
  • Leave a comment on each blog.
  • At each blog, you will be directed to another blog. Be sure to visit and comment on each blog, to increase your chances of winning!
  • When you hop back to the Doodlebug blog, leave a comment saying that you are done AND email us that you’ve completed the HOP and send us your shipping address to: doodlebugdesign.blog@gmail.com.
Our blog hop will close Friday, March 2, 2012 at 6:00am and winners will be announced on Friday afternoon on the Doodlebug Blog.

Happy hoppin' through Leap Day!

145 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Sherry...these are cuter than CUTE! Love! :)

Gregsgirl's crafty corner said...

They are all gorgeous, they are so fresh and Springy!!!! They cheered up my rainy morning here : )

Monique Liedtke said...

Adorable cards Sherry!! Love the last one very very much!!!

Grazielle Pires said...

Cute....

Elizabeth said...

Wowsers! You created a boxed set of cards!! They are all so adorable Sherry!!
e.

Wendy Sue said...

Wow, you were BUSY! Love all of your cards so much!! :)

Charlotte Brochu said...

Very sweet cards, full of very inspirational ideas! Thanks for sharing them!

Aphra Bolyer said...

WOW! Inspiration overload here girlee. LOVE all the tone-on-tone cards and how sweet and Springy they all are. :)

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

ALL of your little cards are wonderful! So many cute ideas. Love that they are quick to make too. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy Skou said...

That little bee and the frog are so stinkin' cute!

Huaína Kélvia said...

your cards are adorables!!!
:)

connie said...

cute cute cards! LOVE the "love my honey!"

Michele Duffy said...

I LOVE simplicity. thanks so much for sharing!

Miriam said...

How precious. I want to make them all. You make it look so simple.

Miriam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miriam said...

How precious. I want to make them all. You make it look so simple.

Unknown said...

stunning cards, I'm loving the tone on tone bases, can't pick a favourite I love the house, and the hoppy birthday (so simple), fantastic

Mandy said...

your cards are so simple,but absolutely adorable!

Melissa said...

So many cards and all very cute, esp. the green ( my fav. colour!)

Kerys said...

WOW! What beautiful cards! 10 minutes??? Looks like you spent ages on them! Love the fun, bright colors! Thank you so much for the inspiration :-) x

Denise Bryant said...

Darling cards! They are all so fun!
DeniseB

Unknown said...

There is so much fun happening on this page I can hardly stand it! I love the little bees and the little house!

flamegirl said...

Wow. so many great ideas!

Miriam Prantner said...

These cards are so cute! I especially love that last one, just adorable, and so CAS.

Adinês said...

Gostei muito dos seus cartões e de conhecer seu Blog.
Thank you!

Karry Weaver said...

Oh Wow, your cards are so cute. Just gorgeous!

Mike and Ellen said...

I really like the simplicity of your cards! Thanks!

marlies said...

Very cute cards !

scrapper Karen said...

Such clever ideas!!! Your cards are great! I have to get my hands on some of this card stuff!

Tabitha said...

lovin the flowers and honey bees

isabel said...

What a sweet cards! I love flowers!
Hugs!

Jennifer said...

OMG!! These cards are too cute for words!!!

sharon g said...

OH MY GOSH, I love love love the house card!!! I'm going to look at it again.

Seersucker Scrapper said...

All your cards are so gorgeous!!

NinaN said...

So many wonderful cards!

fotobrooke said...

I love all your cute, cute cards!

PamSpradlin said...

Your cards are beautiful. Each one got better and better as I scrolled through them. Thanks for sharing.

. said...

too stinking cute! especially like the house one.

Jessica said...

Great cards! I like that you define "simple" as 10 minutes or less! I might have to make some 3x3 cards today...

Carol said...

Love, love, love your cards! Your style is so fun anc cute!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

ReaderWoman said...

Love the house card, and the great behind the scenes look at how you made it - thanks!

Beatrice Lawson said...

Awesome cards! Love My Honey really made me smile, gotta lift that!

Tanya C. said...

Love all your very cute cards!!

Julie Shearer said...

Wow, these are so cute. TFS. Makes me wish for Spring to be here now.

Cathy said...

Wow, you've been busy!!! Love all the cards. Thanks

CherryTrigg said...

What great cards

rlovew said...

Love the cards! I especially like the first one with the bling on the flowers.

IRWSMom said...

LOOK at all the awesomeness!!! LoVE your cards! Love your page! Thank you~

Carrie said...

Waht adorable cards, thanks for the ideas!

Shari Klyn said...

These were just incredible. And they look like they took a long time to make. Thank you for sharing these with us.

Auntie Em said...

Your cards are all so cute! Your daughter has quite a lot of talent as well apparently! The colours are all so pretty and love the little embellishments you added. The house with the heart on the twine is just adorable.

Thank you for sharing! :)

Amanda said...

Omg, all of your cards are so darling!! They are all so bright and cheerful..

Scrappy hugs,
Amanda :0)

nlt said...

All are so cute!!

BeckyH said...

In love! Wonderful! Thanks!

Mindy said...

how cute! I just love flowers!

allison said...

I love your cards, especially the window card! Your blog is great, I plan to keep reading it in the future, happy leap year day to you :)

ahmills said...

Love your work - adorable!

Alexandra Mills

mscrafty29 said...

These are so cute. My 4yr old granddaughter wants to start making the cards already. Happy Leap Year and hopping!!!

JaniceA said...

All your cards are amazing, love the colors.

Jess said...

I can't say which card was cutest! They all are so fun and adorable!

mary k said...

Wonderful cards and inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Great cards, love the green card with flowers!

Alexia Misso said...

Love all your cards, thanks for sharing!

Jessica Yoder said...

Wow- very pretty! I love the house card and the little bee. Thanks for the chance to win!

Ginger said...

These cards are so adorable! Who can resist that bee!

Unknown said...

Wow! You made so many wonderful cards! You were busy! They are each fantastic!

Carolyn F said...

adorable cards, love the bumblebees

Brenda B said...

Just brilliant! - now on to the next blog -

pinklula said...

all cute=]

Amy Martin said...

All of your cards are so cute. Thanks so much for sharing them.

SarahL said...

So cute! I really love the house card!

Tami B. said...

What wonderful cards. They all bring a smile!

Court said...

These cards are SOOO darling! I love anything with a bee right now!

Anonymous said...

So many cute ideas, I can't wait til my kids go to bed so I can get craftin'!

Jessica Strider said...

What gorgeous cards! And they took less than 10 minutes??? Need to get myself some of those doodle pops! They're so cute. :)

Sandy said...

Ok...best for last? :)

Love your cards...you could send one to me so I can see it in person.

Just DO IT!!!

Betty-Ann said...

Adorable, sweet, beautiful...all of the above and more!

RoxieRox said...

These 3x3 cards are stinking cute! They made me smile :)

mrskimpitt said...

All very cute. I love simple!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Awesome cards!!!!

SHARIN MY SHABBY CHIC LIFE said...

you have inspired to make more cards love the bouquet card! kudos

Shelly said...

love them - they are so cute!!

Ginny said...

such cute cardsl

Anonymous said...

Hi....Tami here......awe...This is where I had to sign up to make a comment. LOL could not be anonymous....not that I wanted to...just did not know how to sign up. But I figured it out....YEA...your little cards are very cute.....

Anonymous said...

hi....Tami here....liked your little cards. Very sweet.

lmkennedy said...

How CUTE! Love them all!

smahrty said...

so many cute cards, i love your quick ideas!

lilly riera said...

simple cards but so elegant! on to hopping

Kimberly said...

They are are adorable!!!!!! :)

Erika B. said...

You truly have a talent for making cards! Thanks for sharing!

Lucy E. said...

Awesome cards! I love the flowers on the "Hi" card. The house card is cute too, using the window in a fun way!

Kay said...

Very cute cards! "Happy Spring"

Denise said...

Cute

Carolyn said...

Totally love little, cute cards! Super springy!!

chinesechick said...

Love the diecuts...and the extra frills...

Shannon Colon, TheIrishScrapper said...

Very nice and more than one card! Thanks for sharing!

mili said...

Iliked the frog and the house cards, but all of them were beautiful, thks for sharing

Susan said...

Oh my -- what super sweet cards! I really like your use of the stickers, brads and rhinestones. The little house card is my favourite (although it was awfully hard to choose)!

Susan said...

Oh my -- what super sweet cards! I really like your use of the stickers, brads and rhinestones. The little house card is my favourite (although it was awfully hard to choose)!

ann marie said...

really cute cards

Cheryl Schuessler said...

Love, love, love all of these little cards!!!! Happy Leap Day.

Michelle said...

Love all the cards!! TSMFS!! :-)

Scrappin' Annie said...

Such bright happy cards. Thank you for the blog hop

Brindylee15 said...

What cute little cards. I love the house one with the window, how creative!

thewronas said...

the frog card is so adorable!!!

Brat said...

I'll take the lime green one please!!!

Cyndi S said...

Great cards. I love them.
cstephenson at q dot com

**** April **** said...

A-mazing cards!!!!

totally love your little profile picture on your blog too! The descriptor just makes you seem like someone .. whom I'd love to have as a friend!! :)

Shirmaine said...

Wow , so many cards! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Amy Vandiver said...

I love how simple and adorable these are! Perfect for when you are in a pinch!

Amy V

howo34 said...

Great bee card!

TeacherMom said...

Oh my goodness......these are so stinkin' adorable!!! Gotta love stuff that takes so little time but looks like you spent hours on it. They are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing!!!
TeacherMom
gaudet5 at rogers dot com

Katherine said...

Love your cards! Especially the last one, it was so cute!!

brenda said...

These cards are all so adorable and look hard to make but you make it sound so simple! Thanks for sharing your cards and tips!

LisaD said...

Cute cards! Thanks for the hop!

allreddesign said...

Sherry your cards are so stinking cute!! Thanks for hopping along with me, it would not have been as much fun with me just jumping up and down!!

Karenladd said...

Oh, you have created some amazing little cards! Loving the small 3x3 size. That one with the little window is so sweet!

Svetlana said...

Wow!!! so cutiest cute cards!!!!
Svetlana xx

Luanne said...

your cards are so pretty and sweet. love the frog card

Danielle said...

Love your style with those flowers and bee's!

Carol Hinrichsen said...

I love them all!!! Very cute cards!!

Cathy Caines said...

I love the house!! gorgeous!! love it!

cassie said...

Your cards are SO cute - love them!

Suz D. said...

Very cute cards... I love ladybug garden, but your window card is just adorable!

Tulipinha do Cerrado said...

WOW! Super cute all these carões ... Congratulations
Bjim ♥

Moêmia

Regina Augusta Peressoni Flemming said...

Lindo os cartões, maravilhosos

Karey said...

So cute-all of them!

Becky W said...

The rhinestones definitely added extra zing to your card. So fun!

Michelle McClure said...

Wow! I can't believe you made so many and I am impressed that they took 10 min. or less. That is super helpful.

Thais Sanches said...

Beautiful cards!

Alicia Marlow said...

love the window card

Pinky2112 said...

these are way too cute. You are very talented

Tracey said...

Great cards. Hard to believe you made them in 10 minutes or less.

KellyG said...

OMG I LOVE these, so cute! Great work!

luanne said...

Happy Cards

Sandra said...

Your designs are my favorite so far from the blog hop. I just LOVE the house design!

Patty B said...

What fun cards to ring in the Spring! Great job...I'd love getting any of these in the mail!

Sandi said...

Love all your cards especially the "Love my Honey" card!

jillyb said...

LOVE your cards!

my2xys said...

Lovely cards! I especially like the "Hi" card with the ingenious little bouquet of flowers. Thanks for sharing.

Bethany Becker said...

I love how your cards have a color scheme! THanks for sharing. They are so cute!

lynda said...

My fave is the house card!

Alisa Brandstetter said...

I don't know how you card makers give away your work. They are all cute and it would be very hard for me to part with them.

tracey said...

My favorite is the last one with the little house scene. It is soooocute thanks for sharing

Lynette C said...

Your cards are so so so super super super cute! Love all of them.