7.21.2011

KFD : peace

Ah, the peace-lovin' hippy hidden within in my daughter's personality instantly popped out again as she drooled over this set of lovelies from Karen Foster Design .  She, at a lovely age of seven, loves all things with peace signs and pops of color. 

I don't blame her --- I looooooooooooove this set, too.

Peace.  Rock on, duuuuuuude.  

A bit of a disclaimer before I move on --- the samples below show a black and white background for display purposes only.   The patterned papers were hodge-podged onto a piece of wood hurriedly so that I could showcase the white layouts in the release without them getting lost on the white background I started with.  

The daughter loves sidewalk chalk and easily obliges when I want to take photos of her creations.  These particular photos leave me smiling ear to ear as she is busy working on her chalky creations.  The pastels in this line match perfectly with the colors in the boxed set of chalks.   Perfect.

For this layout, I wanted a playful mood.   I freehand cut blocks of color / patterned paper and sliced a heart out of one, not lining up anyting or worrying about straight cuts.  That little van has stolen my heart and I think it is pretty groovy with colorful coil brad hubcaps. 


If you look closely at the right photo above, you will notice a pink peace sign, yellow PEACE lettering and a panda bear on her shirt.

The next layout was put together in about quarter-hour.  The light blue cardstock was the perfect base for this photo of my sassy K-girl.   I simply folded a small strip of the pink peace paper to mimic the ruffle on her dress [which has peace signs on it], then tied it off with scrappers floss.   I used circle stamps from the Road Signs 2 set and a flower from the Hope Strength Courage set, along with Versamark ink, to add a bit of texture to the background.





  Some details:

 


Final project is a card to send along some peace, love and happiness into the world.   Again, with circle stamps from the Road Signs 2 and the Christmas sets -- and Versamark ink.  I used round stickers from the sticker sheet and a large circle stamp with handcut heart.  I added coil brads, another KFD fave, to each.  The inside sentiment, written by yours truly, and a peace sign cut from patterned paper completes the card.  



I can't help but smile when I see these layouts and all their iconic love for all things peace.

You can find the remainder of the coordinated products at Karen Foster Design.  I am sure you'll love the patterns, colors, bubble brads and the darling stickers.  

The next set to be featured will leave you twirling on your tip toes, ready to make your way to the scrapbook store.

2 comments:

Carolyn Lontin said...

Adorable projects! I love this line!

Crafty Girl Studio said...

Awesome projects!!