![]() |
| fruit : before I sliced and diced them [and with a vintage action] |
The K-boy usually eats more strawberries than anything else, but the K-girl will munch on any fresh fruit put in front of her. She loves their sweetness.
Yesterday as she was home with dad, she was cutting up a pear, a peach and strawberries. When he questioned her about her chopping, with a butter knife, she said she wanted to "chop them just like Mom does." Sweet.
And, I do.
I pack a bento box -- large clear bowl and lid with yellow and red compartment bowls -- in their lunch bags. Fruits, and some baby carrots, tend to fill two of those compartments. Strawberries are hulled. Apples are quartered and sliced. Oranges are halved and sliced. Grapes are picked.
I love their freshness. Moreso, I love that K-girl thought about how I prepare the fruits for them and wanted to prepare them in the same manner.

1 comment:
:) you always have such a lovely perspective in your journaling.
Post a Comment