1.17.2011

sneak peek : day one

Howdy and welcome to the CHA-Winter 2011 sneak peeks for Karen Foster Design.  Get comfy because I have a lot to share with you today. I am just as anxious as you are to see all the projects.  Design team members have not shared any sneak peeks amongst the team yet either.   I can't wait to see all the cool projects and papers in action. 





Today Karen Foster Design will be debuting at the upcoming CHA Winter show. To celebrate this release the Design Team will be hosting a giveaway contest on our blogs where you can enter to win one of FOUR fabulous prize packages each valued at more than $350! 



To enter your name in the drawing all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post. You don’t need to comment on every blog post to win, but you can increase your chances of winning by leaving comments on each of the Design Team member’s blogs every day this week. Enter up to once per day per blog! As always, Karen Foster Design welcomes international entries.  Winners will be posted here on Monday, January 24, 2011.

To add to the excitement, winners will be chosen in two ways.  On Saturday, all the comments received on all of the blogs will be combined and two winners will be chosen at random.

In addition, two of the prizes will be hidden on the blog posts – not even the Design Team know where they are! On Saturday, KFD management will notify the team members with the hidden prizes where they are located and then a winner will be selected at random from just the comments on that particular post. So the more you comment, the better your chance of winning, since you never know where those two prize packages are hidden!

Today we will be showing you projects made with four of the new themed collections – Baby Boy, Baby Girl, Bowling, and Freshwater Fishing.

The bowling set brought back a flood of memories ---- the retro bowling shirt and rental shoes.   I bowled about 25 years of my life and have many, many wondramous memories of my days at the bowling center.  My family made and have remained friends with many bowling partners through the years. My youth was consumed carrying a ball, bag and shoes and knocking down as many pins as we could.  



 




Although I don't really fish [not yet, but I'm sure with my cub scouting, it is only a matter of time], I fell in love with this line, too.   I loooooooove the fishy stamp paper, the brads and charms.  The silver charms can easily be altered with some chalk ink as seen below. 







Don’t forget to leave a comment on this post to be entered in the giveaway contest. Then visit the rest of the Design Team blogs for lots more inspiration and for additional chances to win.

Jing-Jing Nickel 

Be sure to stop by all week --- lots of neat projects and products coming soon! 

48 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving that bowling line

Heather said...

the BRRRR page sparked my creativity! now, if I can only find a chance to squeeze in some scrappin' time?!

Unknown said...

love that BRRRRRR page. So many layers and interesting pieces. Thanks for the inspiration

smahrty said...

great projects, those brads and metal trinkets are so fun!

Scrapthat said...

FAB Work! I love the fishing page and also love that 3D bowling pin! TFS!

Miss Kathy said...

Love the bowling line and the fishing line, with grandsons they will work perfectly.

Louise said...

great projects! I would love to win this

Martha said...

thanks for sharing your bowling pictures/lo. I am still waiting to do mine pictures from my wedding...yes, the reception was next to a bowling alley and all of us went and bowl..in our gowns.

D said...

Everything looks amazing. What is the name of the sun-like bling (bowling paper)? I need them :)

Anonymous said...

love your stuff! TFS!

Christi in AZ said...

Oh Sherry....you are always an INSPIRATION!! Love the new lines!

Julie said...

your projects RAWK! I absolutely love the bowling pin and bag soooo cute!!!

Shirley said...

Love your creations!

Celeste B. said...

Fun seeing all these new collections.

Anna said...

How, cool! Love it!

izunika said...

Great projects! I would love to win this.

svetla said...

Замечательные работы!Браво!

Jayne said...

love all your produckts ... its really fine work.. like the bowling line..


thanks for the chance to win


jayne

Amy said...

WOW, all your work is awesome. love that bowling line and all you created with it!

Scrap Ronnie said...

Oh wow - the bowling pin is amazing!!!

Tori said...

So loving the bowling line. Can't wait to get my hands on it! Thanks for the great ideas!!!

Lesley said...

The bowling papers are just fab

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Love your details...the ties on the bowling page, the fishing line...so cool! Looks like some very cool releases from Karen Foster. TFS!

curlyqmosaics said...

I really like your creative style. Very cute projects, and I am in love with your bowling pin & bag. How cute is that!

Denise Bryant said...

Great projects! I love the bowling pin you created!
DeniseB

Pamk said...

love the bowling and fishing line. we used to bowl alot but now just on the kinect lol.

Debbie said...

Great projects! Just love the bowling pin and bag!!!

LaurieG said...

That bowling bag and pin that you created are unbelievable. This line would be fun to make a Father's Day card or layout or something.

Kristin Hayne said...

I love it!! Great giveaway and great lines!! I can't wait to see these in person!!
krisandtraf@q.com

Unknown said...

Ohh... very cute, love the 3D bowling pen and the 3D Bowling ball bag! Thanks for the chance to win!

Unknown said...

Wow, great stuff here! Thanks for the ideas!

Julie said...

love these fishing layouts!

Michelle H. said...

Love the bowling pin and bowling bag so very creative!!
Your cards ar gorgeous!!
Very beautiful LO's!!
TFS!!

nonnie said...

omg - love the bowling paper and i do not even bowl!! your strike card and the pin and bag are fab!! my nephews and nieces love to bowl...this would make such cute bday cards for them!

Jennifer E. said...

The bowling pin and ball case are very cool! I can see that as a centerpiece at a themed party. The lacing detail on the card was a nice touch. The greens/blues of the fishing line go well with the ice fishing page. Very nice designs.

Marla said...

some fun products and projects!!

Me-Ma Kim said...

OH WOW!! Those Bowling papers are just AWESOME! I am going to LOVE the sneaky peeks this week! TFS and for the chance at GOODIES!! Have a GREAT Day,
Me-Ma Kim
kimnsammy at gmail dot com

Beverly S. said...

So many pretty samples...love your work. Thanks for the chance to win the Karen Foster Design prize package. :)

Unknown said...

These are all fantastic... I love the bowling bag!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com

connie said...

beautiful LO's and cards! love the bowling ling.

giducky89 said...

I just bought some bowling pin brads, and was trying to figure out what to do with them...

Cool ideas!!!

Mcihele Adkins

Kelly said...

fabulous! love the bowling card and the stitching!

Savahanna said...

How adorable. I love the 3d bowling ball and pin

Yelowflower said...

awesome collections

Brat said...

I love the bowling papers! I could use the fishing ones also!!! Can't wait to see more!

Joni said...

I love that fishing LO - I have lots of fishing pictures that would work with that!

April said...

Super cute layouts.

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

I think bowling might be one of my favorites :) thanks for sharing!