1.29.2010

lovey.

Love is in the air, in our hearts and on the tree.

The tree that once adorned our treasured Christmas ornaments is now dolled up in pink, red and white and sprinkled with glittery goodness.

Ornaments include white birdcages with pink and red punched flowers, crepe paper rounds with hearts, red and white polka dot wrapping paper hearts, dark and light pink dotted packaging hearts and coffee filter flowers. All smeared with ink, glue, flecks of sparkly glitter and lots of love.

During the Christmas holidays I stumbled upon a looooooovely banner made by katiedid and bookmarked it for reference. When we started decorating for Valentines Day, I knew I wanted to transform her idea into something fun for our monthly holiday theme. The K-boy would not help as the sight or sound of anything remotely lovey-dovey makes him gag and stick out his tongue [Is that normal for elementary boys?! Ha.]. But, the K-girl is always willing to help. Always.

So, with white cardstock folded in half lengthwise and scissors handy, we were set to cut out the words that reminded us of Valentines Day. We just freehandedly and haphazardly cut letters, mostly uppercase, until the pile of white letters grew. Then, I strung each letter onto clear floss, hoping I didn't botch any words as I glued them together and created streamers of words.


I hung the words in three pieces along the almost unnoticeable division between our kitchen and dining room. It has become home to our holiday banners from here on out.

I am smitten with the valentine letters my crafty helper [the five-year-old daughter] made. She only needed help with the Ns.  

I am in love.

1 comment:

AmberLee said...

Sherry, that banner is the COOLEST. or should I say the lovliest? I totally want to give that a try.

Okay, so I'm finally getting caught up on comments and emails, and I would LOVE to do a bottle swap with you. That is such a fun idea. Does anything that fits in a bottle qualify? I'm definitely in. I may need some time to come up with something. i'll email.