Of course, with that, I had to made a scrapbook to document our adventures.
I kept the cover of the album very simple in case it traveled to the parks with us. I used Doodlebug alphabet stickers on the spine of the binder, then drew them larger for the title page.
The cover page was super simple to make --- one Simply Put journal card, already pre-printed with the bumblebee yellow 2013 and colorful dots. I just added washi tape, border sticker and twine.

I printed a map of the state parks from the TPWD site. Then, we made a list of parks we'd like to visit [see image below] and I used mini brads to pinpoint the destination. The green logo is actually from a bumper sticker I received in the mail for being a TPWD Ambassador.
Life's better outside. Indeed it is. That is from the bumper sticker, too. I adhered it to clear plastic and was originally going to leave it that way, but decided on the patterened paper since I was backing this space with a photo. I used washi tape to secure that in the sleeve as it is a bit thicker than paper.
I added a small insert between the planned two-page spread for this park, Mother Neff State Park, the first official park in the Texas Parks system. I cut down a regular 8.5x11 page protector to the size I wanted and secure the cut edges with washi tape. Inside the insert is a photo of the kiddos at the park sign and another photo on the back. In between those two is a "pocket" with printed information about the park. I think this will be a mainstay in the album.
I printed an enlarged photo of our family at the "cave" and trimmed it to fit the small pocket. I love this idea and size format. Lots of littel bits and pieces added in from many collections. I was more aware to add photos of things as well as us.
The last page for this park visit was a collage of photos in a four-pocket page. I love the lsmaller format and the little layouts within the page.
Since this park visit, we have one more to add to the book and another park visit planned for the end of the month. In the future, I will be involving the kids more and letting them write down their memories.
I am looking forward to our state park visits and documenting those memories.








No comments:
Post a Comment