8.30.2012

fourteen

Fourteen years.  5,110 days.

That's a long time without Dad.

And even after all those years, I still find myself asking Dad for his help with something around the house. He always had the perfect country fix for everything. I still find myself wanting to tell him something. He had the best listening ear and usually just followed it with a nod. And I still find myself telling the kiddos stories of my youth and all the wondramous things Dad did for and taught us.

But mostly, I often find myself wishing he could be here to see his grandkids grow up.  There is a huge gap in our childrens' lives and hearts for not having the opportunity to know the great man that was their TutuMan.

He touched so many lives, even outside our family, and is still loved and missed. 

Fourteen years seem so very long ago, yet just like yesterday.

3 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

(((hugs))) I've been without my dad since 1995. Seems so strange that he hasn't meet his grandson. Such as life. (((hugs)))

Elizabeth said...

Sherry I can completely relate.. I am prayin for ya!
e.

Sheena said...

<3