5.03.2012

reuse, recycle and repurpose

We are celebrating recycling and upcycling products this week over at the Doodlebug blog.

I don't know about you, but I save packaging from alot of items --- boxes, kraft wrap, plastic --- purchased on our weekly grocery haul. I try to reuse, repurpose and recycle. I try.

My repurposing overflows into scrapbooking products as well. I have saved the plastic packaging from many items, always saying I'd reuse them somehow. If the plastic packaging is large, I cut it into "sheets" and store them for later use. Eventually later I will use those plastic sheets through the die cut machine to make my own transparent embellishments.

Today, though, I am going to show you what I did with a few snips of paper, stickers and twine ---- oh, and Doodlebug packaging.

I used this packaging [well, I think mine was actually from the adhesive pearls]:  

To make these bookmarks:

 

The front of the packaging has the oh-so-cute Doodlebug logo, but for this project I covered it with a stickers.  The notched slot at the top is part of the packaging and perfect for adding twine.

The backside of the bookmark is just patterned paper. 

What a great way to save the page for your little reader ---- and what a great way to reuse, repurpose and recycle.

How do you recycle or repurpose packaging from one item to make another?   Be sure to check out the cute tag that Aphra made and the clever shower favor from Kathy.  Both are awesome and sure to inspire your creative endeavours!  

And, if you're local to the Doodlebug offices in Salt Lake City, go sign up for the National Scrapbook Day at Doodlebug event with Stacy Julian. I so wish I could attend.



 

No comments: