You may have seen this layout posted over at the Doodlebug blog, along with other cute projects made by design team members using the new snips & snails collection. The collection is filled with such sweet colors and so many patterns, some basic and some more baby-themed.
What I love about this collection, and the others in Doodlebug's catalog, are that they mix and match well and they are all so very, very versatile. I used this assumingly boyish grouping of papers and embellishments for a layout of my very own cowgirl.
To frill it up a bit, I made a twine fringe, the loopy fancy frills border sticker and glitter. I also cut a circle from one of the papers to use as a flower. Girly.
The fringe was very easy to make. I used a strip of masking tape, sticking it to the underside of a cutting mat so that only a portion sticking out. Then, I placed the strands of twine onto the sticky surface and trimmed to desired length. I did that until it was completely covered and then put masking tape over the top of the other piece of tape, sandwiching the twine in between.
I had a small length of fringe left and used it on a card:
I love how the looped border sticker mimics twirled rope in my layout and card. But, imagine how you could use other border stickers with the alphabets in the Doodlebug collection.
Keep checking back on this blog and that of Doodlebug --- there are some fun projects in the works!



No comments:
Post a Comment