1.16.2012

KFD sneak peek : shopping diva and robots

Welcome to our two-week sneak peek at products that Karen Foster Design will debut at the CHA 2012 Winter show. To celebrate this release the design team will be hosting a giveaway contest on our blogs where you can enter to win prize packs that match each day’s theme(s).
 
To enter your name in the drawings, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post. You don't need to comment on every blog post to win, but you can increase your chances of winning by leaving comments on each of the Design Team member’s blogs every day during our sneak peek event. Enter up to once per day per blog (KFD posts only)! As always, Karen Foster Design welcomes international entries. Comments close at 12 Noon on Friday January 27th EST. Winners will be posted here on Monday, January 30, 2012.

The prizes will be hidden on the blog posts - not even the Design Team members know where they are! A winner will be selected at random from the comments on one post per day. So the more you comment, the better chance you have of winning, since you never know where those prize packages are hidden!

But wait, there’s more! To add to the excitement, there are more prizes! On Saturday four additional winners will be chosen at random to receive bonus prize packs of five stamp sets each. How awesome is that? Good luck!

Now that we have the nitty gritty out of the way, here is my spin on the shopping diva theme.  This theme is obviously geared towards those who like to shop til they drop, but it is filled with gorgeous shades of green and pink with a splash of black [and a hint of brown, too].   Bags, dresses, purses, flowers -- oh my!

For my first layout, I used a photo of my daughter.  We lovingly call her the "bag lady" because she loves to carry a cute bag and plenty of them, filled with toys and clothes and blanket and stuff.  To keep the focus on the photo, mat and flowers, I used tone on tone for the journaling.   



A detail photo of the flower:


And, a card picking up the brown in this theme.  I love the brown paired with pink and the green "ribbon."


A shopping trip cannot be complete without a cute bag.  Bag is made with word collage paper and trimmed with black scalloped cardstock.  I used the same patterned paper, folded a few times, to make the key fob, complete with a sassy flower charm.  


Girls, step aside because I must introduce you to the cutest robots eeeeeeevah!

This palette of cream, teal, grey and orange will make you giddy.  The little mechanical guys are just the cutest things!

This theme is perfect for party decorations and favors.  This set of cupcake flags were quickly made by adding a sticker to a toothpick and backing with patterned paper.  To add some pop, a starburst brad was added to each pick.



When the party is over, make this set of small thank you cards [3"x3"].  I simply used the collage patterned paper, some punches and a cardstock robot sticker.  I added a silver brad to each.  


A detail photo of on card.  Each card was constructed in the same way with the exception of robot sticker.


And, a card for the birthday kiddo [or for anyone or any occasion, really]. 

front

inside

There are plenty more projects and ideas using the shopping diva and robot themes.  I am sure you will be inspired after visiting all the blogs in our sneak peek lineup. 

Visit all our designer blogs for more inspiration!

Maryfrances Fabbri 
Alice Golden 
Jolene Johnston 
Carolyn Lontin
Tania Willis 

18 comments:

Sue K. said...

Wow, as the mom of two boys, I totally love that robot line. I know what's on my winter scrap wish list now!

wendyp said...

I am LOVING the robot line!!! Adorable projects!

Celeste B. said...

You have to love a girl who loves a good bag :) I like how you matted the photo on a big banner and all the embellies.

Me-Ma Kim said...

TOTALLY LOVING both of these new lines!! Such Cute Projects, thanks for sharing. Have a GREAT Day,
Me-Ma Kim
kimnsammy at gmail dot com

Jolene said...

I love how you treated the inside of the robot card. So cute!

Sandra said...

Love your layouts! Having a girl and boy both lines are perfect for my pages!

JennyKozar said...

These lines are just adorable! Thanks for showcasing them.

connie said...

Love this new lines! love your flower.

Louise said...

love the robot cake toppers!

Steph Ackerman said...

Wow, I love thse 2 lines!!!

KellyG said...

So cool! Love those robots!! Great work!

Shannon said...

Who doesn't love robots and shopping? So cute!!

Luanne said...

I love the robots! Very dun and love the color

{VICKI} said...

i have a little robot too

ms.schwiet said...

what amazing projects

Wendy said...

LOVE all the robot projects! They are all awesome! So glad I have a little boy!!

momtotucknlexi said...

More great examples with the robot line...love it
Michelle Bittner

Katherine said...

Need Born to Shop for my BFF and I! So cute!