10.12.2011

breast cancer awareness.

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month.   Just the word cancer makes my heart weak.   The disease robbed my Dad of many years I know he would've enjoyed with his family, especially his grandchildren.  

When I first started with Karen Foster Design, I was asked to create projects using their Cancer Survivor collection.  I was stumped at creating a project about such hardship in life.  Don't get me wrong -- I do scrapbook and document the ups and downs, good and bad in my family's everyday life.


I started with a card to get me in the creative mood.   I stamped and heat embossed HOPE onto a felt butterfly, cut from a StampinUp die.   Used a stick pin to create its flight.  Flight of hope.  

hope : Karen Foster Design
Our family friend, Mich, has survived cancer.  This layout documents her and a friend during a local Relay For Life event.  The paper roses were so easy to make, simply cutting a spiral and rolling.
friends : Karen Foster Design
 This layout features Mich again, but with a twist on the collection's stamp set and papers.   The scripted words were perfect in documenting her time of military service overseas, fighting for our country.  Strength. Courage. Hope. Survivor.  A true hero.  
hero : Karen Foster Design
I love looking back through my scrappy archives at projects that have been forgotten by the next or simply filed away.   It is good for the creative juices and the soul.  

No comments: