9.09.2011

when you grow up.


At the dinner table last night, I asked the kiddos,
"What do you want to be when you grow up?"  

K-girl rattled on and on about being a rock scientist, not to be confused with a rocket scientist.  She was just excited about digging for rocks and looking for them, taking in every detail and then writing a book about the rocks.  Then she said she'd take it to a library for other kids to learn about rocks.  

The boy, hesitantly, said "a video game expert ... y'know, the ones that test games."   Simple and to the point.  Then, his sister said, "yeah, and you could test the games to make sure they are appropriate for kids and not too scary or too boring or too expensive.  You could test them and play games all day and andandnandnandnndand ..."  

I can see their futures will be none other than exciting for all of us.   It will be interesting to see what these sweet little people really turn out to be when they're grown up.

But, I am in no hurry for them to really grow up.   Not too quickly.  

No comments: