Today, to end the week, I am reflecting. Good and bad, straight from the heart.
♥ Remembering our time in the city, walking along South Congress and taking in the lovelies in the window of Uncommon Objects. I adore so much in that store, but can't bring myself to paying $500 for the huge letters I really want from there. We caught this photo in one of the mirrors on display during our last visit there with my in-laws and our kiddos. They've come to enjoy the treats -- visual, musical, cultural and edible -- as much as we do.
♥ I am still stoked about my design team position with Doodlebug Design and am excited to get to know the other ladies on the team.
♥ I went to Zumba for the second time in my life yesterday. Dang, that is alot of work and alot of sweat. I sweat like a pig and it is not a pretty sight. But, I will be back next week -- along with fitting in some gym time at the Y. All of this is scary and a daunting weight loss plan is in the near future. We've been "fisheterian" for months now, but are making more concious effort to eliminate more sodium and calories. But, my sweet tooth is winning over.
♥ The kiddos have been in school for almost a month now and I still can't get the hang of our schedule. Man, oh man.
♥ This weekend I plan to finally fold and hang the last two loads of laundry from last week's batch. The hubs will be thrilled that Mt FoldMe will have disappeared. Ha.
♥ I so wish we were headed on vacation somewhere. Vacation. I could use some sunshiney time with my toes in the sand or some snowy air to frolic about. Vacation is all I ever wanted ... love that Go-Gos song.
♥ This weekend I also plan to spend some time in my craft area. I have a lucious pile of Karen Foster goodies that are calling my name. There are some cool goodies coming out in their October release.
♥ My dad is being honored posthumously into our local bowling hall of fame later this year. My siblings and I have been sharing emails this morning about some of our memories of Dad. Just thinking about them and this honor has me teary-eyed. Bittersweet.
♥ This weekend, I plan to rest [a little], spend time with the family, play with paper and glue and rejuvinate my soul for the upcoming week. Maybe we'll build a fort with lights to celebrate.

2 comments:
i LOVE SoCo and uncommon objects. LOVE! and i love zumba with a passion.
congratulations on doodlebug, and i'm so sorry for your loss. what a cool thing that he's being remembered that way.
thank you so much for joining in and for blogging your heart. xoxo
s
Love the blank space... I can never leave space -- always feel compelled to FILL it all! It's lovely!
Post a Comment