6.03.2011
day three : clouds
This morning, the K kiddos and I took a little stroll around our small rural town. By around, I really mean that we took a brisk walk down the street, probably less than half-mile round trip. We set out for our walk clad in shorts and tee-shirts because, even at nine o'clock, the sun was already warm. Hot.
They babbled on the way there about how this was strange because Mom [that's me] never lets them walk anywhere. And, they hurriedly walked across the railroad tracks in fear of a train, even though it was evident in the quiet that no train was near.
All the while saying, "I can't believe we're walking over the train tracks."
I can't believe it either.
But, their minds eased as we stopped in at the bakery and purchased some treats for them.
My mind eased as they hushed and took in the nature around them -- looking at the thistle and cactus in the field, watching the bees swarm the prickly purple blooms [because "there's pollen!" said K-girl], seeing the clear blue sky. It is always so nice to pause, to stop, and soak up the surroundings.
They were glad to be home and out of the morning warmth, ready to devour their baked goods.
Sweetness in many ways.
Labels:
30 day photo,
K-boy,
K-girl,
slice of life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
:) this made me smile. kai has that stance totally mastered doesn't he. every picture of him has that 'stance'. so cute! (hey, i think that's a story in and of itself---scrap that!) love the view of your walk my friend. makes me feel like i was there.
Adorable pictures! :) So so cute and I want to do more things like that with my kiddos. I hope once we're settled we make that a priority!!
Post a Comment