3.01.2011

treasure hunt

The K-boy is playing with his Transformers toys when he reminds me that one particular piece is lost.  So, we decide to go on a hunt for the missing piece.  
     
                 X     living room 
                    
He knows where the part went missing ...
      
       X   "couch" / loveseat

I flip over the couch and disassemble the cover and we unearth lots of "treasures."   As I start to cackle and flip out and gross out and freak out, the kid did what every kid should do ...
  
   X   camera
 
He ran to get the camera!  No prompting.   He returned with the camera, flashing, and said, "We might want to remember this!" 

Ha, no we don't.   GeeeeeeeeeeROSS!  
               
X   Transformer piece  found!
                                  

 Also in the loot ---- hair clips, domino, electronic game, butter knife, pencils, pens, nickel, candy and dust. This event will be a reminder that I need to clean out that junk from the furniture more often.  Sweep.  Vacuum. Toss in the trash.  Gross.

This was not an ordinary treasure hunt, but it resulted in a clean couch, a happy momma and one happy K-boy. 

Oh, the things you do for the love of your kiddos! 

   

No comments: