Well, well, today is the final day of Karen Foster Design’s sneak peek week. It has been a very good week thus far, short of the sprained back/pelvic area I endured on Wednesday evening while helping the cute K-girl learn to ride her bicycle. I have seen some AWESOME products and projected shared by fellow designers. Did you take a peek at all of them, too?
Today – for the first time ever – we have an entire day of sneak peeks devoted to stamping! Five new sports themed clear stamp sets will be released at CHA Winter: Football, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, and Game Day. They join the Birthday, Holiday, Baby, and Cancer Survivor sets that were previously released. Today the team will be sharing scrapbook layouts, cards, and paper crafted projects using all of these sets.
I worked with the Cancer Survivor set and was able to feature my sweet friend, Michele, in them. She is a survivor, a friend and a hero. You'll see how I twisted the use of this stamp set to fit those themes.
First up, the stamp set. See the two ribbon stamps?! They could be use for numerous causes other than cancer survivor. Look at this list of awareness ribbons and let your creative mind run wild. Each of the causes listed would work with this stamp set.
Now, a card made using the heart stamp from the set. I simply stamped the heart tone-on-tone onto cardstock, cut them out and inked them. I pieced them altogether to become a lovely sunflower. I even used the same heart stamp with green ink for the leaves.
Next up, a simple layout using the same stamp set for a military layout. Yes, military. I told you the set was versatile! I stamped the words repetitively to act as the background for the photo, then stamped the ribbon in yellow [support our troops].
See that cute brad in the middle of the ribbon? That was made by simply cutting the loop off of a loopy brad and using a rhinestone from the swirl burst brad.
And, a bonus for you --- no stamping. Just thought I'd share another layout of my friend, Mich, using the Cancer Survivor collection. "Journaling card" below the photos was cut from and the roses were rolled using patterned paper. So many ways to stretch your supplies!
Hopefully you have heard by now about our fantastic giveaways!
If not, you can read more about that here. To enter your name in the drawing all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post. You don’t need to comment on every blog post to win, but you can increase your chances of winning by leaving comments on each of the Design Team member’s blogs every day this week. Enter up to once per day per blog! As always, Karen Foster Design welcomes international entries.
Winners will be announced here on Monday, January 24, 2011.
You can see the products to be released at CHA here!
Don’t forget to leave a comment on this post to be entered in the giveaway contest. Then visit the rest of the Design Team blogs for lots more inspiration and for additional chances to win.
Jing-Jing Nickel








28 comments:
love those little flowers...what a hero she is indeed!!!!xxx
great projects
Love the sunflower and different uses for the stamps
The flowers were my favorite too. Great projects.
i love stamping, yeah!
how clever to put the star brad in the heart flower. LOVE THAT!
Wow! I love your flower card using hearts, love the flowers, love your tribute layout!!
gorgeous creations. Love the stamping behind the soldier especially!!
AWESOME Stamps and I LOVE the Sunflower with the Hearts!! TOO CUTE!! TFS!! Have a GREAT Day,
Me-Ma Kim
It really is a fantastic give away, and it's a real treat to be shown so many great projects by the whole team. I adore the hearts around the flower. Beautiful work!
thank you so much for sharing xx
Love how you used the survivor stuff for a military layout! Thanks for sharing.
Love that heart stamped flower. What a great layout too. Thanks for the inspiration
Love your flowers. Great idea.
Great flowers... makes me thing of summer.. and ofcourse all the stamps ..
have a nice weekend
Jayne
love the flowers and LO's.
beautiful work!
Very nice!! TFS!
i've enjoyed this week
nice work...love this set of stamps.
Sure would love to have some scrappy goodness to motivate me to create something awesome. These Karen Foster goodies sure would do the trick!! :)
the flowers are lovely...
I had so much fun seeing all of Karen's new collections. They are gorgeous.
great layouts!
lol I didn't even think of using those papers for our military but they fit them too. great idea.
love your projects. You do an amazing job of using stamps and it not looking like you did. Kuddos!!
Love the texture you created for your heart-shaped flower petals.
And wow! Love the yellow-ribbon page. Of course the ribbon and stamped text can apply to our veterans too!
TFS your projects with us!
Your flower is gorgeous.... I love the color!!! And your layout is fantastic.... and definitely a Hero!
Thank you so much for sharing!!!
~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com
cool giveaway, cool projects.
Post a Comment