12.01.2010

december daily : day one

For the past two or three years, we've celebrated the holiday season by making an ornament each day of the month. This activity was fun on many levels --- I enjoyed finding the perfect ornament for the kids to make, the kids liked the craftiness shared while making them and we all loved seeing the final product on the tree after finding the perfect spot --- and for the entire family.

Sadly, this year we will be leaving that project behind. The project, not the memories.

The memories of each ornament, each moment remains in my heart.

Inspired by a post seen on I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar, we're switching gears a bit this year. I've made a list of activities I'd like our family to do during the holiday season.

Write a letter to a loved one.
Gather some toys to give away.
Play a game with family.
Make and decorate “gingerbread” house.
Bake and decorate cookies.
Read a Christmas book.
Make a card and gift for Daddy.
Make and send card to family or friend.
Leave a Christmas treat in mailbox.
Make card and gift for brother/sister.
Deliver handmade / homemade gifts to the neighbors.
Watch Christmas movie with family.
Give candy canes to friends and classmates.
Make a fort, add lights and enjoy sweet slumber.
Sing Christmas carols.
Make a gift and card for your teacher.
Make an ornament and hang on tree.
Cut paper snowflakes and hang around house.
Do something kind for the garbage man.
Make glittery food for Santa’s reindeer and sprinkle in yard.
Make Christmas or winter art.
Buy and donate gloves to help keep kids warm this winter.
Leave kind notes for family members all over the house.
Help set table with holiday dishes or decoration.
Make and eat Christmas treat.

My intentions is for us to do one activity each day, but I'm not gonna beat myself up if we are too busy with homework, household chores, playing, scouting, freelance work, jewelrymaking or just enjoying life together.

I just want to spread some holiday cheer!

No comments: