5.29.2013

soakin' up the sun.

I am not looking forward to the heat of the summer.

If you've ever lived or visited Texas during the summer months, which really is about May through October or longer, you know it can get hot. Hot. Makes me sweat just thinking about the near-90 temps we'll have at the end of the day.

But, the beach always makes things better.


This long-arm self portrait was taken on a visit to Rockport Beach a year or two ago. I can remember the warmth of the sun, the grit of the sand and calmness of the gulf water. I'm missing the sand and salty water and the relaxing moments.

I need a trip to the beach soon to rejuvinate.

And cool off.

[ ABOUT THE LAYOUT ] I rummaged through my Doodlebug Design paper scraps for a rainbow of colors. Using a 1" Fiskars square punch, I went to work punching oodles of squares, then cutting them in half diagonally. I lined them all up to mimick a chevron pattern, in my own hodge podge kind of style.

No comments: