4.03.2013

doodlebug design : sew much love


In the midst of holiday giftmaking chaos, the K-girl wanted to learn to sew.  I tried to teach her, but I was much too slow for her eagerness to sit at the machine.   She cut fabric into strips and started stitching them together once I showed her how to set the stitch type and how to backstitch on my handy sewing machine.  

She quickly stitched together this sweet little doll blanket.  I love the patchwork style and wanted to replicate it on this layout.


I paired Kiwi Lane Designs hexagon template with a mix of Doodlebug patterned papers for this quilted layout.  I love how it turned out and especially love the mix of old and new products.   To add more of a quilted look, I added some machine stitching to the top of the paper geometrics. 

I tied it together with a faux ribbon made of washi tape.  

























The final touch was using a spool brad.  It was not the color I wanted, so I wrapped some bubblegum doodletwine over the red floss that was already there.   Then, I looped the twine to make a heart to go with the love theme.  

How do you change embellishments to make them fit your creative needs?  

No comments: