1.24.2013

Happy 2013!  A little belated, I know, but life just has not slowed down enough for me to sit and write.  I miss it.

How can it possibly be almost February?  Already. 

I haven't even documented January.  I have not even started on my Project Life album for this year.  But, I shall not let this slip of time discourage me -- I will get it started.  I have to.  The kiddos enjoyed our album last year and it is such joy to see their faces light up as they flip through the album. 

Our last month, in a handy dandy list so I can refer back to it when I catch up my month's creative documentation.
  • We outgrew my little white car.  Finally.  Already.  It was time. We purchased it a week before the K-boy was born, almost 11 years ago.  Now, we have us a smooth family van.  I thought it would be difficult to move from a small car to a huuuuuge one, but it was an easy transition.  And we all love it. 
  • Our van got a christening --- a road trip to Colorado to visit my brother, sister-in-law and finally meet our nephew, little B.  He is just the most darling thing ever.  The kiddos enjoyed their time with the baby and miss him dearly.  
  • We played in the snow and the kiddos went to ski school at Granby.  The K-girl skiied and was a natural at the sport.   The boy learned to snowboard and did extremely well, though, he also did an extremely good job at scaring this momma with his speed and quick turns down the slope.  Not for the faint at heart. 
  • We experienced some very cool things on our trip --- the highest elevation of Leadville, Taos' beauty and the river gorge, -22° temps in Alamosa, a yummy donut burger at Crave, ringing in the new year with my brother and family, seeing my baseballin' nephew and taking in lots of beautiful southwestern scenery.   Love.  
  • The kiddos both received awards for all As the first semester of school.  So very proud of their hard work.  
  • The K-girl started gymnastics and the K-boy is on the waiting list for karate. 
  • I've decluttered bits and pieces of our home, though it is still full of chaos.  The bill-paying desk has been revamped and the closet is a little emptier.  Must continue the purge through unnecessary items in our home.   
  • I have chosen one little word for the year.  Make.  More on that in another post. 
  • We have been enjoying the springlike weather, though I am not ready for winter to be whisked away by the next season just yet. 
  • I've been busy creating projects for Doodlebug and have really been enjoying the process.   It's all about the process and enjoying each little piece of cuteness. 
  • We've made a family goal to visit 13 mostly-new-to-us state parks in 2013.  This past Sunday we visited our first park, Mother Neff State Park.  Coincidentally, it was the very first park in the state's park system and it was very rightful that we visited that one first.   We took a nice, leisurely hike to the rock tower and cave and throughout the park.  Twelve more to enjoy.
Surely, I am missing much of our ins and outs of the month.  Family busy-ness as usual, but still trying to enjoy the little moments.

 Making this a good year.

No comments: