Geez, where has the month of November gone? The days are slippin' by me quickly ... but, today I am gonna take in this little K-boy that has stolen my heart, all while he rests and recuperates from a nasty sinus infection.
We've spent a lot of November days resting and recuperating.
I've been sick with a stomach bug. The K-girl was spent Friday at urgent care for strep, both kids were laid up on Sunday with fevers and resting on Monday. A relapse for the son and he now has a sinus infection. Yep, lots of sick days this month.
Thank goodness for vacation time and darn good health insurance. Yes, both a blessing indeed.
- Listening to the son get comfortable in our bed for some rest. "A boy needs his rest," he reminded me again today.
- Planning a holiday trip to meet my nephew and play in the snow. But, before then, I plan to go to the beach and sink my feet into some sand and the gulf waters.
- Wishing the kiddos would mend, heal and be back to their normal little beings without sniffles and medications and hacking coughs.
- Working on my Project Life album. I have missed some weeks and still have some empty card holders for days I can't recall, but it is getting to be current. I vow to complete it, and continue it next year, because the kiddos love looking through it and recalling different activities. Totally worth it.
- Loving the cooler weather. My fingers may be popsicles in the morning, my feet may resemble ice cubes at the end of the day, but my heart is warm always with the cool, refreshing air.
- Giggling as I recall the situation this morning. The K-girl wanted to wear a ruffly dress, but I demanded she put leggings on under it because it is so cold. She did not want to and stated, "you're treating me like a child!" Yep. At eight years old. I am in so much trouble.
- Needing to fold laundry. Always.
- Creating a mess at my craft desk [that is an always, too]. The pile is filled with red, green and white and sprinkled with glitter and snowmen. Fun.
- Making a mental list of things I want to make or give for Christmas. Better late than never.
- Enjoying the slower pace at home today. And some RutaMaya coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment