8.08.2012

happy.

This week the Doodlebug design team is creating projects using the create-a-card system -- card base and matching envelope in a wide variety of shapes, colors and designs.   

You have seen create-a-cards, right?   

They are designed to take the work out of cardmaking by giving an awesome foundation in which to build upon.  

For this project, I used a rainbow of card bases and envelopes to make a perpetual calendar of birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions, all bound together with spiral coils.   I created a pocket for each month and tucked in a list of special dates for that particular month.   I hope this will be just the reminder I need to get greeting cards mailed and delivered in a timely manner. 

inside cover and cover detail
The August page was featured on the Doodlebug blog this morning.  Take a look at all the months together. 

















































































Notes:
  • The book could be bound with book rings instead of spiral.
  • Monthly cards/envelopes could be kept in tray, instead of binding.
  • Instead of making pockets, special dates could be written directly on the card or envelope.
Other ideas, beyond a card itself, using the create-a-card system:
  • mini album
  • coupon organizer
  • special monthly notes
  • hidden journaling on a layout
  • baby monthly album
  • banner
So, the next time you see the cards at your local scrapbook store, dream up some ideas for ways to use them beyond cards.   Happy creating!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

OMG...how cute. I love this more then the one I made :) Maybe we need to have an adult scrappy day like the kids did. Sheena would love to make this!

Melinda Spinks said...

Sherry, just love what you've done with the cards. A birthday calendar is such a fabulous idea and something we all need. Fabulous project :)