7.27.2012

doodlebug + scor-pal = joyful!

My last project for the Doodlebug and Scor-Pal inspiration week is my favorite.  I think it is way up there in line for my all-time fave layout, too.  It just beams happiness.  
 
I scored various pieces of Doodlebug patterned cardstock, picking colors and patterns for an ombre type effect.  I was inspired by my daughter's striped tank top.   Then, I thought of sunshine.  The folds could definitely mimick sunrays, but the circular shape was not working for this layout.  I chose to use that cute susnhine stamp so that I could still include sunshine. 

Tip: I used a clear sheet of plastic [recycled from some Doodlebug packaging] to add the alpha stickers rather than trying to get them to stick to the folds of the background.





















The title was hand-scripted, then cut out with good old-fashioned scissors and craft knife.  I love the yellow ink on this layout, too. I am not sure why I do not use more colorful ink in my creative endeavors.

Thank you, Doodlebug and Scor-Pal design teams -- I plan to use the inspiration I gathered from their blogs to create some fun projects soon.   

No comments: