Summer has been happening around our neck o' the woods, but most of it has been laid back with indoor retreats.
- hello cuteness. The K-girl has built an animal clubhouse in the living room. It is the cutest thing built of cardboard boxes, scrapbook paper, model magic air dry clay and alot of imagination.
- hello man. The K-boy can be found in his ninja costume, sporting a sword made from a water shooter toy. Or lazing in bed. He said to his dad today, "a man needs his sleep." I almost laughed out loud while reading the email.
- hello summer fun. We spent a few hours last week at a local water park. It was fun to see the kids playing together instead of bickering from being couped up in the house. It was nice to see them enjoying the sunshine as they played alongside one another in the pool. The coolness of the lazy river and body slide far outweighs the tube slide and its lingering dizzy effects on this momma.
- hello handsome hubs. The hubs got a new grill for being the world's best daddy [and just because] and we have been enjoying the delicious meals prepared there. He is a trooper and even slaves over the grill in the 100+ temps.
- hello bessed life. A friend posted on facebook the other day that if, paraphrasing, "If all my friends and I put our troubles in one pile, I'd take back my own." So very true. I, we, have been very blessed in our lives and have minor life issues compared to others. Thankfully blessed.
- hello fort chaos. The kiddos have built a fort in the living room, dismantling each couch and loveseat and stretching every sheet in the house. After that was torn down, then came the barbie doll fort. Cute.
- hello birthday. My twin sister and I celebrated our 41st birthday separated by 800 miles, but together ala facebook and in heart. She is six minutes younger and I am sure to rub it in that she was/is the tagalong, all while she teases that I am so much older than she. Growing up we always celebrated our birthday in grand fashion --- with my cousin who shared the same special day, at the lake with our families and joint parties for the three birthday kids and their dads for Father's Day.
- hello love. I have been busy at my craft desk, staying cool inside as the sun shines through the windows nearby. I have scrapbooked, painted and sewn a variety of projects [including the one above]. This week is stamp week over at the Doodlebug blog --- featuring the cute Doodlebug stamps from Hampton Art.
- hello scouting. My sweet friend hosted a gathering for our Cub Scout den family and it was delightful. The boys, and their siblings and parents, celebrated a year of achievements and friendships. We swam, roasted marshmallows and giggled the night away as watching the sunset on their beautiful property.
- hello sweet friend. My bestest friend called on Sunday and it was such a joy to talk with her. We have only met once in real life [crazy, huh?], at a trade show, but we know each other so well. She didn't even giggle, not too much, as I set off the smoke detector as I was multitasking that afternoon. Sigh. I adore her and cherish our friendship.
- hello taco night. My older sister hosts a family dinner gathering, lovingly known as taco night [although tacos are not the main dish], each Monday. We can replace our Monday commitment to taco night during the summertime while our weekly Cub Scout meeting is on break. So much fun to see my sister, family and friends. Watching her grandkids [my great-nephew and nieces] grow up so quickly along with our own kiddos is beautiful. Bittersweet at how fast the time seems to be passing.

No comments:
Post a Comment