For as long as I can remember, I have always been drawn to the alphabet. There is just something about letters that are so intriguing, though I am sure I didn't think that when my older sister was making me write them over and over and over.
As a teen, I would fill pages with letters cut from magazines, hand-drawn doodled letters and just my handwriting. I find that I am still doing that these days, many years after my teens, through my scrapbooking adventures.
I looooooooooove alphabet stickers. They are my favorite scrappy supply next to brads. And pretty paper. And ... I really love Doodlebug Design alphabet stickers. They are all so very cute.
All of that, and the subway art I've been eyeballing on pinterest lately, inspired the layout above. It was the best of both worlds --- lots of words, lots of alphas and a whole lot of awesome!
Here is a close up look of the alphabet stickers and a brief descriptioin of each:
together : Colorwheel cute cuts, trimmed from a die cut label
family : Shin Dig sugar coated alphabet stickers
momma : Jack and Jill alphabet rub-ons
Kai : Hopscotch alphabet stickers, originally swimming pool aqua blue and colored with a permanent marker
love you : stamp [love!]
blessed : alphabet stickers
4 : Jack and Jill alphabet stickers
Keona : Candy Shoppe alphabet stickers
dad : Simply Sweet alphabet stickers
always : Headlines sticker
Cartwright : Simply Sweet mini rub-ons
Here's another way I used an alphabet sticker sheet. I peeled off the border around the actual letters and used it as a mask for the background. Super easy, eco-friendly and economical. And loads of fun. I also used alphabet stickers to trace around in HE, then peeled away the sticker.
Sidenote: my hubby does not have the chicken pox or some wonky disease. I printed the photo directly to dotted patterned paper. :)
And, one last layout from ages ago that I did using the same technique as above, but with paint.
And a cool way to layer stickers --- using some leftover plastic packaging.
Be sure to check out how the awesome design team gals used alphabet stickers at the Doodlebug blog . So many awesome ideas --- and peeks of the new Doodlebug alphabets.





2 comments:
Wowza Sherry! You have a way with alpha stickers! Very creative uses! :)
I agree with Kathy! Uber creative!!! Now, how did I miss the swim layout?? I love It! And BTW you are totally more creative than I could ever be. Thanks for all the love you leave on my blog, it makes me feel special :)
Post a Comment