Sugar and spice and everything nice, that is what Doodlebug's featured collection is made of. All those sweet shades of bright pastels mixed with such cute patterns make this collection a must have for those princesses, little or grown.
I love that the collection is filled with pastel colors associated with a baby girl, but they are all a brighter hue. Perfection.
You may be here from the Doodlebug blog where I hosted the Tuesday Tutorial -- instructions for making this cute button ring. Believe it or not, it took about 15 minutes to make. It is a clever way to use cute buttons, pushing your creative uses of the Doodlebug products.
I have a couple more project to share --- each took less than 15 minutes or less to create.
This little diaper bag / luggage tag was constructed with a plastic badge sleeve, a cute cut, patterned paper and stickers. Simple.
Cut cardstock slightly smaller than 2.5" x 3.5". Adhere cute cut shape over it and trim excess on sides. Add name and then embellish with flower stickers. The flatter the stickers/embellishing, the better it will fit in the plastic sleeve. The back is simply patterned cardstock, but could very well be used for address information.
The tag above is actually for my daughter, who is way beyond diaper bag days. So, I will add some doodle twine to the top and attach it to the zipper of her backpack.
My daughter made her own version, too.
I don't know about you, but I tend to forget some events and am always scurrying around at the last minute for a gift. This frame will be the perfect idea for the next baby shower you attend. It is super simple and extra cute.
It uses one sheet of cardstock, stickers, pearls and twine, all beautifully coordinated for you.
I picked up this wooden frame from a big box craft store for a dollar. I adhered a sheet of cardstock to the wooden base with regular ole craft glue, then trimmed to the shape of the frame.
To embellish, I lined up the banner alphabet stickers [aren't they the cutest?] and a onesie sticker on doodle twine to mimic a clothesline. A button, tied with more twine, and a glue dot secure the right side of the line. For the left side, I used a glitter brad with the prongs cut off. Adhered with craft glue and set with an adhesive pearl nearby.
Embellish below the frame opening with fancy frills sticker, glittery flower stickers, twine, button and more pearls.
A boy version of this would be super sweet, too.
There you have it --- a total of three 15 minute projects here and at the Doodlebug blog. If you make a project inspired by those I've shared today, please let me know. I would love to see them.
Happy scrappy day!




No comments:
Post a Comment