One of the signature and timeless design elements of Doodlebug Design is their rainbow of colors. While some manufacturers tend to change their color palette with trends and from year to year, Doodlebug keeps its color choices consistent. The same rainbow of colors that were chosen years ago are still the same, with some additions, as when the company started.
THAT makes it super easy to mix and match products easily. It always matches.
For this layout, I started with the black and white dot patterned paper that I painted with white paint. I knew I’d be adding LOTS of color and wanted a neutral canvas to build upon.
See that candy colorful striped paper at the bottom of the layout? T hat was the beginning of my Doodlebug crush. I have had that paper for many, many, MANY years and love it just as much today as when I purchased it. I use it in bits and pieces because it is the only sheet I have left in my stash. The colors of those stripes match the colors of the newest papers used on this layout --- Sweet Cakes Collection.
Flowers around the heart-shaped photo were super simple to make. The orange flower just left of the heart was made using one flower from the Paper Frills flower border, then attached with a yellow polka dot boutique brad. The pink flower is a boutique button tied with doodle twine. I cut simple leaves from Petite Prints patterned paper. The red flower is a button, attached with a small yellow brad through one button hole, and a heart sticker used as leaves. The orange flower to the right is simple a big brad with patterned paper leaves. That is four simple ways to stretch your supplies and decorate your pages.
So, grab your stash of Doodlebug products from yesteryear and mix and match it with the newer goodies!
Aaaaaaaaaaand, if you haven't checked out the Doodlebug blog this week, you must. There is alot of mixin' and matchin' going on and it is all lovely!
Doodlebug supplies used:
Patterned papers:
Fruit cocktail
Apron strings
Nifty Notions sew plaid
Nifty Notions cross stitch
Ladybug Garden all in a row
Colorwheel pocket full of posies
Colorwheel connect the dots
Monster Mania assorted cut outs
Monster Mania hallow’s eve
Monster Mania monster dots
Cake& Ice Cream hip hip hooray [bright]
Santa’s Workshop holiday tweed
Santa’s Workshop cheery chat
Sweet Cakes lots of love
Sweet Cakes berry sweet
Homespun welcome home
Petite Prints dots / grid – lilac
Petite Prints daisy / stripe – bumblebee
Bright taffy stripes
Petite Prints dots / grid - limeade
Petite Prints daisy / stripe – limeade
Petite Prints daisy / stripe – swimming pool
Petite Prints dots / grid - tangerine
Petite Prints dots / grid – blue jean
Petite Prints daisy / stripe – bubblegum
Classic collection elegance
Die cuts:
Sweet Love assorted cut outs
Fancy Frills border stickers:
Bon appetite
Feeling groovy
Birthday celebration
Sweet love
Paper Frills:
Flower – tangerine
Dots – swimming pool
Embellishments:
Birthday celebration [star]
Cherries Jubilee [hearts]
Bumblebee [butterfly]
Sugar coated brads – bright assortment
Big brads
Doodle Twine – limeade
Doodle Twine – bubblegum
Boutique Buttons – ladybug
Boutique Buttons - bubblegum


No comments:
Post a Comment