1.10.2012
project life : 2012 cover
I have long said that it is the little things I love most. It is the little things that I cherish. Those little things are the same things I like to scrapbook, to hold onto in my heart. So, it makes perfect sense that I keep track of all those little things, recording life in a simple manner. To do so, I've jumped on the bandwagon of Project Life, product of Becky Higgins.
Of course, I have my own spin on the project, but still admire those that use the PL kit.
I just knew that the larger 12x12 format would be too large of a blank canvas for me to tackle each day, each week. It would make the project daunting and I didn't want that. I want to enjoy this simple process of recording our days as a family, keeping track of funny things the kiddos say and just cherishing everyday life in photojournalist means. Instead of using any of the core kit options, I decided to simply use baseball card pages for the album base with a few 4x6 pages tossed in the mix. I am sure from time to time, I will also include an 8.5x11 or smaller insert in as well.
I will be using journaling cards from MarcyPenner, lined index cards, graph index cards and whatever happy scrappy items I dig up in my craft area.
I will use tidbits from our family life, such as receipts, notes, artwork, bookmarks and such, but plan to leave most of the kiddos' artwork intact for our regular scrapbook. I have been including their masterpieces into our family scrapbooks since they were babies and I always get teary-eyed looking at them. Pieces of their hearts on paper.
I love the PL concept, but just want this to be in my scrapbooking style and a book of memories my family will enjoy when reviewing this year.
Labels:
happy scrappy,
project life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment