1.26.2012

KFD sneak peeks : curling and hockey

Ah, we've made it to the final day of Karen Foster Design sneak peeks.   The design team has shared two weeks worth of scrapbooking themes releasing at CHA.  Fifteen new collections to appeal to a wide variety of interests in life.

Today we are featuring the last two collections of this release --- curling and hockey.

I will be the first to admit -- I am not the sports-lovin' gal and surely not contact and violent sports. But, that does not mean that I can't love a good collection of sports products.  

First up is a layout I designed using the curling theme. I couldn't decide on just one sticker that I wanted to use, so I used the entire sheet.  Yep, I used it right next to an enlarged photo.  I added some awesome black brads, stars and some ink.  


What do you give a hockey fan for their birthday, special occasion or just to go with them to a game?   A hockey fan kit, of course.    I used a small lunch box tin, decorated with sports stamps, ink and large red letters cut from patterned paper.  

Inside, I stuffed it with a banner, a CD of game tunes, bandaids, a mirror, a thermal heat pack, a banner and some snacks.  The clear keepsake pocket is perfect for storing souvenirs and tickets from the game. 


Did you see the cute tube that KFD coil brads are packaged in? I added some candies into the tube and packed them in the tin. Upcycled fun!


So many possibilities and so many ideas.   Be sure to visit the other designers' blogs for more inspiration!

Maryfrances Fabbri
Alice Golden
Jolene Johnston
Carolyn Lontin
Tania Willis

The rules of the giveaway game:
To enter your name in the drawings, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post. You don't need to comment on every blog post to win, but you can increase your chances of winning by leaving comments on each of the Design Team member’s blogs every day during our sneak peek event. Enter up to once per day per blog (KFD posts only)! As always, Karen Foster Design welcomes international entries. Comments close at 12 Noon on Friday January 27th EST. Winners will be posted here on Monday, January 30, 2012.

The prizes will be hidden on the blog posts - not even the Design Team members know where they are! A winner will be selected at random from the comments on one post per day. So the more you comment, the better chance you have of winning, since you never know where those prize packages are hidden!

But wait, there’s more! To add to the excitement, there are more prizes! On Saturday four additional winners will be chosen at random to receive bonus prize packs of five stamp sets each. How awesome is that? Good luck!

9 comments:

JennyKozar said...

WOW - amazing projects! Thanks for the great ideas.

Me-Ma Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Me-Ma Kim said...

WOW, I have never heard of Curling, but it looks fun! Both collections look AWESOME even though it's something I have no use for. Your projects are AMAZING! Have a GREAT Day,
Me-Ma Kim
kimnsammy at gmail dot com

Luanne said...

love the tin box! great design

connie said...

Great projects and LO!

Wendy said...

I can honestly say I'm not a fan of contact sports either. These are great projects. I like the idea of the lunch box too! great projects!

Sandy said...

You are so very talented. And you sure have been a busy-bee...

Penny said...

Very Cute, I love the box, Great project! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

momtotucknlexi said...

Loved your ideas for how to use the hockey embellishments.