10.21.2011

halloween : treat bags

Halloween around our house has looked a bit different this year.   Last year we had a monster mash bash party for the kiddos in our family and all the planning involved left our home to the gills with candy and colorful creatures.   

This year, there is no party and the kiddos have even opted out of costumes.  

Instead, we'll be spending the weekend prior at Fiesta Texas enjoying amusement rides, eating yummy and overpriced treats and listening to a whole lot of laughter from two K-kiddos.   We will make time to enjoy the park's Fright Night as the day comes to an end.    It has been several years since we've done that.

Just becuase plans are changed a bit doesn't mean we won't be celebrating with a few sweet and fun treats for the kiddos.  

I put together some quick bags to hold some of those treats.   A simple brown lunch bag, folded in two-thirds, made the base for this.  Once the bag was folded, I added crepe paper ruffles, some patterned paper and a few embellishments.  Stitched up the sides and tucked in some candy. 

The stitched area adds a pocket for a treat and the top of the bag can hold a card.  Simple.

The first bag is very playful and colorful, using a sweet spider icon from Doodlebug Design.   The spider sticker is backed with some floss and plastic and is hanging from its web [some scrapper's floss]. 

 

The second version is a bit scarier and uses the awesome Halloween products from Karen Foster Design.  I added googly eyes to the Os of spooky and used an eyeball stamp in Halloween.  


I like how the different products change the mood of the treat bags.  They would be perfect for all kiddos,  young and old.  

I am ready to make more treat bags for the littles in our family.  Though, those bags might not contain sugary sweet treats.  I think I may hit up the dollar store for some pencils, notepads, magnets, clips, hairbows and such for their bags.   

How are you packaging your Halloween treats?  

1 comment:

Sandy said...

and don't forget your FAAAAVORITE sister. She loves bags of goodies!!