8.29.2011

missin' the beach

During the summer, we made a visit to the Texas gulf coast for a few days.   Those few days were long anticipated and quickly passed.  Too quickly.   And they were jam-packed with fun --- a visit to the USS Lexington, yummy food, looking for seashells, the Rockport Bay Education Center, the aquarium, building sand castles, the turtle pond and wetland area, running in the sand, the park, playing on the laptop, swimming in the hotel pool and the beach.  

Oh, how I am missing the beach!  

I could use one more dip into the warm gulf water [the water temp was in the mid-80s while we were there].   I want to dig my feet in the sand, feel the salty air, walk along the beach and search for seashells.  Relax.  

One of my favorite photos from our time at the beach is this one of the kiddos. They were just having so much fun and enjoying the beach --- and the relaxed lifestyle of hotel camping and fast food eating that comes with vacation.  

07/2011 : jump for my love [of the beach]!
My next favorite photo made its way to a scrapbook layout on Saturday while my sisters came over to craft.  We had arrived at the beach, but hadn't quite given the okay for the kids to take off yet [I had to get the camera ready].  When we did, they took off like crazy kids and ran over the hot sand like nothing and splashed into the water, fully-clothed and all.

they just could not wait | 8.5x11 scrapbook layout
Such fond memories of our family vacation.  I cannot wait to return to the beach. 

No comments: