7.27.2011

week in the life : monday


This is the first year I am participating in the Week In The Life project spearheaded by one of my favorite scrapbook artists, Ali Edwards. I have long admired those that participated and documented their lives, but never made the time to do so other than through my regular scrapbooking.

This go round, though, I wanted to participate and decided so on Sunday afternoon and quickly pulled together a mini album on that evening.  


 

The best part of documenting this year is that the family is participating. The hubby is documenting while I'm away at work uisng the worksheets provided by Ali and through quick email exchanges with me. I pick up when I get home, though he still adds in after that time. He is even filling in the worksheets provided by Ali. Those are handy-dandy tool to have on the go o' the day.

I couldn't be happier to have the hubs on board with me. And the kids. They are love to have their photo taken and enjoy reading what is written about them -- uhm, I mean, the day.


On Sunday evenings, I dread Monday.  On Monday morning, though, I am usually excited about the new week, the new beginning and a new outlook.  

This Monday, however, I was startled when the alarm went off this morning at 3:35 am.   My first thought was "why is the alarm going off?" I quickly remembered that today was Monday.  Work.  This week at work is all about transition as this contract comes to an end on Friday.   It is almost as refreshing as Monday, but a bit scary as things will be different next Monday morning.  
   
The son enjoying his time on the couch, chilling out and playing.  He and the K-girl are enjoying their slower summertime pace and  have claimed the living room as their second bedrooms.  What a comfy mess.


And what fun would it be without fluffy friends?    Lots of them. 
  • The sock monkey was given to the K-boy by his Aunt D when he was just a couple of months old. Someday I will scrapbook the series of photos we have of him with Georgie-Porgie.
  • The Winne The Pooh [only the back of his head is visible here] was a baby gift for K-boy, given by my brother and his wife. 
  • Each of those animoals has a  name, but I can't recall them all.

Here is the hubs taking care of family business.  He is the chief bill payer in our home and I love that.  
  • The art on the wall was drawn by K-girl and it shows how she was able to layer the boogie board atop the tube so that she could lay on the tube to suntan.  Oh my.


The kids and I attended "taco night" hosted by my sister.   She, her sons and a collective group of family and friends meet each Monday night to share time together over dinner.  Dinner on that night does not necessarily include tacos.   

We don't join them often because our scout den meets on Monday nights during the school year.  So, we go when we can.   

My sister and her granddaughter, Abi.   I love her sweet smile!

Other notes from the day:
  • I've been hearing a song with a "drip, drip, raindrop" line in it. Finally this morning, I heard it again and tried to Shazam it, but it wasn't connecting. Instead, L looked it up for me. The song is Little Black Rain Cloud by Suzanna Choffel, a local Austin musician. We made a spontaneous plan to see her perform this week at Blues on the Green. Just like that, in a whole 15 minutes and on my way to work.  Love it. [Whaaaaaa, just realized that isn't until next Wednesday, August 3]
  • 0903 : K-girl is up and watching TV. Kai is still snoozing. I went back asleep for a bit. But, we're slowing coming around here.
  • 0930 : an apple for breakfast for me
  • 1040 : K-boy is up and at his computer. K-girl is watching TV. She had been using a sponge to "clean" the walls and door in there. I took a couple of iPhone pictures of her "cleaning" the door, but she through a fit.
  • 1057 : Kids are watching Home Alone 2. I wonder if they are taking notes about things not to do.
  • 1130 : leftover lunch of nachos, lemon water and some dried fruit
  • 1142 : There was something that had gotten on the bottom of the oven... and boy oh boy things got smoky in here. The fire alarm went off. I WAS trying to cook corny dogs for the kids. That's out until the oven cools and I can clean it. I'm probably taking them to get something to eat and come back. Burger King, K-boy's choice, won today.
  • 1410 : search is on for K-girl's DS game
  • 1440 : Found it...stuck down in the cushion of the couch.
  • On the way home, I stopped by HEB for ingredients for strawberry shortcake. I purchased the first supplies for the kids' school year -- just pocket folders and spirals. I can't believe back to school is so close.

I am grateful to be journaling and documenting the summer version of our everyday life.  It really is the small things in life that matter most.

2 comments:

taniawillis said...

corny dogs=awesomeness. i love the different faces you see throughout your day. i need to remind myself to take more pictures of the people we interact with. :)

Alice said...

Awesome Sherry! LOVE LOVE LOVE that your hubby is working on this with you... mine will reluctantly pose for photos :)