The master bathroom had been an eyesore for many years as its walls were adorned with pink and grey wallpaper in patterns of roses, ivy and men's shirts and ties. Seriously. It must've been the fashion of the previous owners and definitely not ours.
So, destruction started at the beginning of summer break and quickly became this:

After a couple of months of deconstruction, rebuilding, laughter, an abandoned master bedroom and a bottomless pocketbook, our master bath became beautiful. Eggshell grey with dark wood floors and lots of white. Yum.
Soon, the sun shine on her beauty:
My favorite in the entire bathroom is the clawfoot bathtub. It fits perfectly in our hundred-year-old country home. I am thankful for the hubby's research skills as he found this replica purchased from a big box store's site.
To honor and remember the process, I've put together a layout using Karen Foster Design's DIY collection, released in part of CHA summer trade show. You can see the entire collection on KFD's facebook page.
But, before I move on, a bit of a disclaimer --- the samples below show a black and white background for display purposes only. The patterned papers were hodge-podged onto a piece of wood hurriedly so that I could showcase the white layouts in the release without them getting lost on the white background I started with.
I cut the patterned paper to size, then added some white gesso to appear like house paint. I added the splashes by simply using a toothbrush and a glob of the gesso watered down just a bit.
The screw brads are the perfect embellishment for this project.
There will be plenty more layouts to complete before the entire renovation process is documented. Each will be completed with the beautifully-crafted collection.
The next collection to be featured includes some age-old academic icons in a very cool rainbow of colors.



No comments:
Post a Comment