6.04.2011

day four : green again

This is a special mini me rendition of the green photo challenge.

  
Oftentimes we hear comments like "she's just like you" or "she looks just like you."  I agree, she does look like my daughter and has similar features as I do. 

But today, when she wore this green dress, K-girl looked just like me.  
The green dress, and another for my twin sister, was sewn by Mom.  It started as a floor-length style with puffy long sleeves that was made for a special occasion [Easter, I think].  We grew taller though and the dress got shorter.  Our arms grew longer and sleeves were altered to accommodate.  The dress is now tea-length with short sleeves, the same as I had worn it many, many years ago.  

I have carried it around for those years thinking it might get some more use. 
The K-girl is almost too big for the dress so today we HAD to take photos.  She will be starting second grade in the fall and the school photo is of myself in second grade.   

I love that we have similarities --- physical features, attitude and creativeness.   

I like having a mini me.  And I love that it is K-girl. 

No comments: