2.19.2010

kids say the darnedest things.

I am always amazed, and then not, at some of the things my kiddos say.  They really are the darnedest things --- the things they say, not the kiddos.  Anyhow, the K-girl and I had a conversation this morning.
K: I wish we could wear whatever we wanted to on Fridays.
M: Really, what would you wear?
K: I'd go nakey-hokey.
M: Uhm, I don't think so. You cannot go to school naked!
K: Not naked. I'd wear a shirt.
M: A shirt.
K: Yep, with a picture of my body.
M: Of your body?!
K: Yep, my body nakey-hokey.
I am sure my jaw hit the floor, probably a few times, but only after I stopped giggling.  Sheesh, I don't even want to think about what else she might come up with in years to come ---- especially when she says this at her wise age of five.  

No comments: