When the kids get a bit obnoxious or overzealous or too cranky and whiney, I always tease the hubby that I am going to hang them by their toenails. Joking, of course. I thought the new day, the turn of the daily calendar and clock hands, would bring a new attitude and some sunshine.
The K-girl proclaimed very loudly this morning that she does not like wearing those 'skirts with shorts under them' [skorts, that is]. They make her feel icky. I guess she'll be going to school in her grandma panties because that is all we purchased for her school wardrobe. That is all she wanted to wear this summer. Once that was resolved with some worn out, hand-me-down denim shorts, she moved on to complain about her shoe.
Her shoe felt like it was falling off. Her skinny feet were situated in them and the shoestrings pulled as tight as they possibly could without leaving any spare room to wiggle her toes. Tied in a neat bow. Oh no, they were falling off. I did not retied them for her; she continued to whine. Finally, about 20 minutes later and at day care she said, "My shoe feels better like it's not falling off anymore."
After the shoe isssue, it was the car door. She did not want to enter the car through the door on her side but that on the driver side. She stomped over to the passenger side and flopped herself down in the car seat.
I was hanging by my pink polished toenails, each ready to be plucked one by one. But, the daughter kissed me farewell and said, "I love you."
We had a peek of sunshine in a rough morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment